Pineapple is a fruit with an outer hard shell like covering and the inside are filled with light yellow fleshy part that tastes sour mostly. The most popular way of consuming the fruit is in form of pineapple juice. However, many people eat it raw too but it is quite sour in taste. In India is popularly called as Ananas.
The health benefits of Pineapple are as follows:
- Pineapple contains a compound called bromelain which is associated with destroying the proteins causing arthritis. Arthritis is a disease which causes pain in joints and many people all around the world are suffering from it. Pineapple has serious anti-inflammatory effects which helps in reducing pain and swelling.
- Pineapple is also a very rich source of vitamin C and it helps in building immunity. In fact, pineapple can satisfy the daily need of vitamin C in an individual and it is filled with ascorbic acid. The metabolism of the cells causes release of free radicals which are responsible for making the body weak and prone to diseases like cancer. Pineapple helps in hampering these free radicals and building immunity.
- In addition to protecting the body against illness, the vitamin C in pineapple is also helpful in recovering wounds faster and healing them.
- Pineapple is also very good for your digestive system as it has ample amounts of fiber in it. It helps in treating irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, constipation and clotting. Thus it is helpful in reducing inflammation and keeping your intestines and gut healthy.
- The special enzyme, bromelain in the pineapple is helpful in reducing mucus from your body and thus it helps in treating the cough and cold. It is helpful in treating respiratory diseases and clears out your chest from congestion. The vitamin C helps in protecting from flu and fever viruses.
- Pineapple has a large quantity of manganese which is helpful in strengthening of bones and thus it is advantageous in improving bone health even if it does not have much calcium.
- Pineapple acts as a natural astringent hence it is quite beneficial in treating oral problems, gum infections, skin tightening and acne.
- The beta carotene present in pineapple is also helpful in improving the eyesight and vision of a person.
Pineapple is also rich in potassium which helps in regulating blood pressure and lowering high blood pressure. More than not eating sodium, increasing your intake of potassium can control your blood pressure.