Provigil is a smart drug which helps improve wakefulness in adults suffering from excessive sleep disorders like – narcolepsy, shift work disorder or obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Provigil 200mg works effectively to treat excessive sleepiness and promote wakefulness, it works by affecting the dopamine region of the brain and helps you stay awake and alert during the day so it helps you complete your tasks without interruptions. Provigil is considered to be one of the best, trust-able drugs which help you stay motivated, alert and focused. It also helps you control yourself when you feel extremely fatigued but still need to be alert and stay awake and focus on your work. Provigil 200mg does replace other drugs to treat sleep disorders; it only works to promote wakefulness when you feel extremely sleepy. So, it is strictly advised that you should still use medications given by your doctor for treating sleep disorders.
Dosage of Provigil 200mg Smart Drug
- For Narcolepsy the standard dose of 200 mg is prescribed for adult patients.
- For Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) disorder a dose of 200 mg is prescribed to be taken orally once a day as a single dose in the morning.
- For Shift work sleep disorder 200 mg dose is prescribed for adult patients to be taken orally as a single dose approximately 1 hour before the start of the work shift.
Provigil Side Effects – Nausea, Headaches, Peeling of skin, Vomiting, Hives, Blisters, Sores in the mouth, Swelling of your face, eyes, lips, tongue, or throat, Skin rash and Dark urine.
Precautions While Consuming Provigil 200mg Drug
- Provigil should be strictly taken as instructed by your doctor.
- Always read instructions given on the pack before using it.
- Take the dosage exactly as prescribed by the doctor, do not increase or decrease the dose of the given medication.
- This drug can be taken with or without food in the morning.
- Do not take Provigil with alcohol.
- After taking Provigil avoid driving a car or any vehicle.
- Do not indulge in risky activities while you take Provigil.
- Store this medicine in a dry place.