It is true that allergies activate in the evening hours, especially late in the night that causes very discomfort disrupting your sleep. If you are consistently bothered by allergic reaction at night time it becomes difficult for you to stay alert the next day and go on with your regular work.
Why are allergies active in the night?
- The theory is during night time the temperature levels are very low as a result the dust particles in the air settle down on the surfaces, bed linen, pillows, mats, sofas and the place where may sleep that is your mattress and the molds on the walls. If you have serious allergic problems you are easily affected by the dust, pollen around you which may cause allergic symptoms like runny nose, cough and nasal congestion that is responsible for causing breathing problems. All these symptoms are enough to keep you awake throughout the night. It is the bedroom in your house that seems to be more allergenic place in your house.
- Another reason for your allergy worsening at night is because of pet dander. If you are allow your pet to move freely on your bed or carpet the pet dander collects on the carpet or bed and that is the reason enough for your allergy to worsen at night.
- Most of the time when you go out dust particles or pollen can stick on your skin or clothes and you carry that pollen back home and if you sleep without washing yourself at night your allergy increases.
- Allergies at night becomes worse because your mind is free and you don’t do much thinking about your work or other commitments this makes you realize that your symptoms of allergy is increasing at night time.
- During day you may be having allergic symptoms but you are so busy in your work that you don’t have time to ponder about your allergy symptoms, you tend to ignore, this is the only reason that at night time you feel that allergy is worsening.
- To prevent allergies, night time is the right time to take medications like -oral antihistamine and other medicines meant to reduce allergic symptoms.