Today there is no fixed age limit to when you should start applying the anti-aging products. Today, due to the increasing stress and pollution, people need to start anti-aging skincare right in their mid-twenties. You skin speaks a lot about your health and well-being. People are willing to do anything and everything to look younger. Even if you are in your 20s, it not too early to start. You can start taking care for your skin so that you can delay the process of aging. You future state of skin depends on how you treat it now. How well you take care of your skin, how much pollution and sun exposure you face and how much stress you feel is what will decide the future condition of your skin.
Today in this article we are going to talk about the quick tips or anti-aging hacks that you need to follow top have a better skin. Hacks are to the point, short and sweet, that’s what I love about them! So here are some quick and easy tips/hacks that you can follow to keep your skin looking younger for a long time:
Awesome Beauty Hacks To Get Young And Beautiful Skin
- Always begin your skin care with cleansing and toning. Applying a toney before putting any products on your skin is essential because it gets rid of all dust and impurities before any products.
- Apply your skincare products right after washing with warm water. There is no need to dry your skin completely before starting your regime, as moist skin allows products to percolate deeper into the skin.
- Moisturise your skin inside out. Drink as much water and fluids as you can and slather on moisturiser religiously. Drinking ample water flushes out the toxins from your body and make your skin glow. Apply body lotion and moisturiser on your body skin and facial skin.
- Take Anti-inflammatory and fish oil supplements as they help the skin look supple and hair grow fast. Basically they do wonders for the skin.
- Do not use too much makeup on your face. Keep the base as natural and dewy as possible and don’t cake up your face with layers of foundation and compact. Use some highlighter, line your eyebrows well so that they appear bushier and apply rosy lip colours. Avoid too much of eye makeup and liner.
- Eat more of coloured fruits and vegetables like strawberries, cranberry, grapes, tomato, carrots etc. as they contain antioxidants. Tomatoes and carrots contain lycopene that protect the skin against sun damage and reduce dark spots. These antioxidants in such foods help the body get rid of free radicals and many other kinds of diseases.
- Choose anti-aging products that consist Retinol. Only this one ingredient- retinoid has proven to be effective in anti-aging. You may opt for the prescription based Retin-A or over the counter version Retinol. You may not need this product in 20s but you must start using retinoid in your 30s. Do not go overboard and use only pea sized amount of retinol.
- Do not forget to wear sunscreen no matter what. Whenever you are heading out, no matter what is the season, if it is during the day, you must wear sunscreen. Sun damage only accelerates the process of aging. Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher.
- Use retinoid only at night before going to sleep as they make your skin very sensitive and prone to sun damage so exposure to the sun may cause wrinkles and dark spots.
- An additional 2000mgs of Vitamin C will help boost collagen in your skin and will keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
- Lack of sleep speeds up aging. So you must get your 8-hour sleep daily to slow down the process of aging. Proper sleep helps maintain your metabolism and a healthy skin.
- Reduce your intake of white sugar as white sugar breaks down the collagen in your skin and causes wrinkles.
- Use products/serums containing vitamin B3 or Niacin instead of Hydroquinone to get rid of dark spots. Hydroquinone is a carcinogen so you must not use it and replace it with Niacin instead. Look for products with 4 to 5 % of Niacin.
- Try derma rollers or micro needling for a better skin tone and texture. Regular derma rolling helps improve acne scarring, smooth rough spots, generally thicken skin and reduce wrinkles.
- Exfoliate your skin one or twice a week to get rid of dead cells and then apply an antioxidant serum. Do not apply retinoid the day you exfoliate your skin. Use antioxidant serum for that day.
- Wear a perfume with notes of grapefruit. Yes, it has been found that women wearing perfumes with grapefruit are considered much younger.
- Take lesser stress, spend time with your loved ones and exercise. Run, walk, dance or practice yoga, do any one activity to sweat it out for a youthful skin.
- Apply aloe Vera gel regularly to your skin to get rid of dull and dry skin. Mix aloe gel in your regular moisturiser and apply on your face.
- Use almond oil as an eye cream. It lightens the skin around eyes and makes you get rid of dark circles.
- Use a silk pillow cover instead of the regular cotton one. It will cause lesser friction with your skin and also you will experience lesser hair fall. Changing your pillow regularly will go a long way.
The above were a few anti-aging hacks that can make your skin stay younger in the long term. We are sure you will benefit from them if you follow them regularly. Hope the article was informative to you. Do tell us in comments if you know any other anti-aging hacks! Our readers would be glad to know about more such tips.