|BRAND : DEXAMETHASONE||AVAILABILITY: IN STOCK|
|EXPIRY DATE : NOV 2020||STRENGTH : 0.1% 5ml|
|DELIVERY TIME : 10 DAYS||WE SHIP: DEXAMETHASONE|
Dexamethasone is a steroid medication used to reduce inflammation in various health concerns. Dexamethasone falls under the class of drugs known as corticosteroids. This is being a steroid drug need to be consumed in proper amount as it tend to produce harmful side effects if taken in excessive doses. It is safe to use this medicine if taken in prescribed amount. This drug is also used for allergies and arthritis. Available in various forms such as eye drops, tablets and injections. This gives better results when one follows medical instructions carefully. This drug can be used alone or in combination with any other medication to treat disorders. FDA approval makes Dexamethasone 0.1% a safer drug to be used to reduce inflammation that is developed in many health conditions. Use it as directed by your doctor. Pregnant womens and breastfeeding moms shouldn’t use this medication.
Action Mechanism of Dexamethasone(Baycadron)
Drugs work on the health issues to reduce bothersome symptoms and to give you a good health. The way adopted by them is known as mechanism of action or mode of action. This stands differently for every medication. Dexamethasone also has special and specific way of treating inflammation cause due to several health issues. It needs to be consumed in proper amount to have better results with fewer side effects. Use it under medical supervision to decrease the risk of getting side effects. Dexamethasone belongs to the class of medications known as corticosteroids or steroids. Adrenal glands naturally prepared this steroid in our body. This synthetic one resembles the original and works exactly like the natural steroid. It alters the functionality of various cells in the body. This medicament also suppresses immune system. This is how it aid in reducing inflammation which is a symptoms of various health disorders. Dosage of this steroid medicine need to be consumed as directed by the doctor to get better effects and also to minimize the risk of developing side effects.
- Discuss your medical history and current medical status with your doctor before taking dexamethasone drug. If you have hypertension, heart issues, liver problems, kidney disorder, thyroid issues, diabetes, fungal infection affecting whole body, any symptom of infection, chickenpox or measles, eye infection etc. Taking this drug while suffering from any of these issues may create complications or worsen your present situation.
- Pregnant ladies shouldn’t use this drug as it is not safe for the growing embryo. You need to discuss the possible risks of the medication and then go for it if it is needed.
- Dexamethasone passes into the breast milk and that is it is better to avoid this medication if you are breastfeeding a baby.
- If you are allergic to this drug then it is better to stay away from it.
- Do not stop taking this medication suddenly as its withdrawal symptoms may affect your health. Gradually decrease the dosage and then stop it completely.
- Dexamethasone may cause mood changes or psychiatric changes in users. You may notice insomnia, mood changes, depression or hallucinations. Consult a medical practitioner if any of these symptoms occur.
- Slowing of bone growth in kids and osteoporosis in adults has been reported with dexamethasone and that is why you need to use this drug after consulting a doctor.
Dexamethasone is widely used to reduce inflammation caused by several health conditions. That is why its dosages depend on the type of disease and also on the severity or degree of inflammation. Generally the basic dose ranging from 0.75mg to 9mg in a day. However changes can be done in dosages if required. In the treatment of multiple sclerosis, dosage of dexamethasone can be as high as 30mg but it must be done under medical supervision. Never make changes in the dosing pattern and if you wish to do so you need to ask your health care provider first.
Side Effects of Dexamethasone 0.1%
Only few people experiences side effects of dexamethasone. This medication may cause mild, serious or even life threatening side effects which need to bring notice to the doctor. In the beginning of the treatment you may notice certain gentler side effects which disappear within short time span. Before using this medication, discuss with your doctor about the pros and cons of the drug and then go ahead with it. Some mild side effects of dexamethasone occur right when you consume the drug. These are mood changes, sleep issues, acne, dry skin, slow healing of wound, headache, dizziness, nausea and stomach pain etc. These are gentle effects which stay for short period of time and require no medical help to discard them. But if they become severe after prolonged time span then you must consult a doctor. You need to get emergence medical help if you experience any of the serious side effects related to dexamethasone medication. Visual issues or disturbance, rapid weight gain, coughing up blood, bloody or tarry stools, dangerously high blood pressure, depression, psychotic behavior, peptic ulceration and glaucoma etc. If any of these ill effects develop in the user after consuming this steroid drug then you need to rush to the emergency unit of the hospital.
Warnings of Baycadron
- People using dexamethasone may require a higher dose of it especially in situations where stress levels increases due to factors such as injury, infection or emotional stress. Thus while increasing dosages in these situations need to be done under medical supervision.
- Dexamethasone steroid medication may alter your blood pressure levels and also cause water retention. While consuming the medication if you experience high blood pressure, unexplained weight gain or swelling then you need to contact your doctor and follow his instructions.
- Dexamethasone may affect your immune system making it weak. This increases your risk of catching an infection. Fix up a meet with your health care provider if you go through fever, chills, muscle pain or other signs of infection.
- Do not go for any sort of vaccines until you are taking this steroid drug. Ask your doctor regarding further information.
- Dexamethasone may increase blood sugar levels and if you are a diabetic then you must keep an eye on any sort of alteration in blood sugar levels.