|BRAND : GENERIC PREVACID||AVAILABILITY: IN STOCK|
|EXPIRY DATE : NOV 2020||STRENGTH : 15mg|
|DELIVERY TIME : 10 DAYS||WE SHIP: PREVACID|
Generic prevacid is the drug used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD). This is the digestive disorder which develops due to excessive acid production in the stomach. It shows other symptoms also such as heartburn and may lead to complications such as ulcers if left ignored or untreated. Thus treating this issue in the beginning is good. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication and thus it can be used safely in elderly too. This drug works by blocking an enzyme that is responsible for the production of acid in the stomach at the time of digestion. By suppressing acid production, this drug aid in treating other issues related to it. You can get generic prevacid at online pharmacies and also at local drug stores. You require a prescription to get this medicine. Use this drug as directed by the doctor to avoid any health complications.
Action Mechanism of Generic Prevacid (Lansoprazole)
Drugs are meant to work on the health issues to reduce the severity of the symptoms caused due to illness. The process followed by the drug to overcome the illness is known as mechanism of action. Every drug has its unique mode of action that is particular to that specific drug. Generic prevacid also has a mechanism of action through which it acts on the excessive stomach acid production and curb the symptoms caused by the abnormal acid production by the stomach. The chemical used in generic prevacid is lansoprazole which is the proton pump inhibitor drug. In simpler words it is the medicine that stops the excessive secretion of the acid by the stomach. When you consume the medicine, it gets mixed up in the gastric juice and acts on the enzyme present in the walls of the stomach. It blocks the enzyme and by doing this it helps in reducing the acid production. This blockage of the acid helps in providing ample of time to augment the healing or stomach and esophagus. This is how generic prevacid aid in treating the ulceration caused by the stomach acid. Generally one must ask his health care professional about the accurate dosing pattern of drugs. Generic prevacid dosages need to be taken as directed by the doctor in order to prevent any complications.
- People who take high dosages of generic prevacid or consuming it since longer period of time are at high risk of developing broken bones. One must look for any symptoms related to bones and consult a doctor.
- If you are using other drugs also then you must tell your doctor about them. As this anti acid drug is known to interfere with other medicines, you need to be very careful.
- This medicine must be consumed as per medical guideline in pregnancy as this drug has not been studied extensively in expecting moms.
- Generic Prevacid passes into the breast milk and thus can harm the baby. Therefore breastfeeding mothers must take this drug after consulting and discussing risk factors of the drug on the nursing baby.
- People suffering from serious liver disorders must consult their doctor before taking the drug.
- Low magnesium levels in the blood may develop because of prolonged use of this medicine. Thus you need to call your doctor if you develop symptoms such as irregular heartbeat, seizures or muscle spasms.
- One may develop allergic reaction to the chemical content of the drug and thus if one suffer from allergic symptoms after consuming the medicine then it is better to stop taking the drug and ask your doctor for further steps to be taken.
Generic Prevacid dosage for initial treatment and maintenance of duodenal ulcers is 15mg daily for 4 weeks. For GERD, dosage is 15mg daily up to 8 weeks. Initial treatment for erosive esophagitis and gastric ulcer, the standard dosage is 30mg daily for 4 to 8 weeks. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome needs 60mg dosage and it can be increased or decreased as per the response of the user. Your doctor is the ideal person to decide the dosage of generic prevacid medicine. It is recommended to take the medicine before meals to have better results. Swallow the pill as a whole without breaking or powdering it.
Side Effects ofGeneric Prevacid 15mg
Several clinical trials and studies have come up with conclusion that generic prevacid develops side effects in the user. There could be mild or serious reactions depending on how the drug has been consumed by the user. You may get gentle of severe aftermaths and in some cases no ill effects have been observed. These side issues are common with drugs and can be handled by you or your health care professional. Generic prevacid is well tolerated medicine and generally doesn’t develop any severe side issues in users. Even if it produces reactions, these are gentle in nature and thus can be endured well. After consuming the medicine you are likely to get diarrhea, stomach pain, nausea and constipation. You may or may not suffer from these side issues. But if they occur, you need to keep an eye on them to check whether they remain mild or become worse. Serious side effects of generic Prevacid are very rare. You may suffer from allergic reactions, chest pain, hypertension, migraine, weight gain or loss, depression, asthma, acne, hair loss etc. These are rarely occurring side issues which need to be reported to the doctor. Get to know about all these aftermaths from your doctor before using this medicine. It will help you to deal with them once they develop.
Warnings of Generic Prevacid
- Diarrhea is the commonly occurring side effect of generic prevacid. But if it is watery accompanying with stomach pain and fever then you need to consult a doctor.
- Using this medicine in pregnancy seems harmless but as it has not been studied extensively in pregnant ladies, its side effects or risks on the growing embryo is not known. Thus it is ideal to consult with a health care provider.
- If you are dealing with serious liver issues then you need to contact your doctor and take the dosage as directed by him.
- Generic Prevacid is known to secret in the breast milk. Therefore you need to talk with your doctor before taking this drug if you are breastfeeding a child.
- If you observe symptoms such as irregular heartbeat, seizures and muscles spasms then you need to contact your health care professional as these signs indicate low level of magnesium in the blood.